No announcement yet.

What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie Brown. I was so interested in how Pam Grier was years after "Cofy" I failed to recognise a couple of the other actors in it.

Comment

• Watched some super8 then..
      4k Uhd EMPIRE STRIKES BACK really enjoyed it.
      Ended with Betty Boop on 9.5 sound on the Pathe Vox No No a thousand times no.

Comment

• Blast from the past the other night with this 1980s family movie

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1130468.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	12837

Name:	P1130464.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	12838

Name:	P1130466.JPG
Views:	494
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	12839

Comment

• Last night the original Hammer colour horror The Curse of Frankenstein. I had forgotten just how close the later (more comic) remake The Horror of Frankenstein was to this.

Comment

• 4k UHD
            Wizard of Oz 1939. My goodness that detailed I spotted a thing I had never seen before. We could read the details on the witches death certificate.
            Still love my S8 print it holds so many memories.

Comment

• Here is a snap of the 4K being projected 8ft wide.. Picture just off a mobile phone.

Name:	4KOZ.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	13152

Comment

• Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, unfortunately the extras from the DVD don't seem to be on this disc so Ill have to keep both. Picture quality shows where a couple of shots seem to have been from less then the full frame of the original camera negative zoomed in.
                I haven't watched this for sveral years, but managed to pre-empt most of the dialogue.

Comment

• Ive just received two Blu rays - which Ill watch over the weekend - the John Landis Comedy Horror - Innocent Blood with Anne Parillaud, Anthony LaPaglia and Robert Loggia and the 70's disaster movie - Rollercoaster with George Segal, Richard Widmark, Timothy Bottoms and Henry Fonda

Comment

• Rollercoaster, don't forget Sparks are in it, a great '70's band. I originally saw it at a Sensurround cinema - seat shaking coaster noises.

Comment

• Last night I finally got round to watching the original part sync dialogue The Jazz Singer and cartoon extra "I Love to Singa". Less dialogue than I expected/remembered for a film that had such an effect on the industry and some of th etitle cards reminded me of notched 9.5mm films as they were from single frames so the grain froze when they were on.

Comment

• Trying to figure out what to put on during the school holiday break is getting hard, as there is little the grandkids have "not" seen. So I thought I would try this oldie "The Black Stallion".....will it work? Well it did for one 10 year old that was staying with us. His comment afterwards, was along the line... that was good for an old film...

The blu-ray is "Italian" bought through amazon with a English soundtrack. Picture quality as with a DTS 5:1 sound are both very good.

Name:	P1130724.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	13444

Comment

• Last week the blu-ray of "Waterworld" projected using the Panasonic VP. I first saw this movie at the cinema when it came out at a special screening back in 1995 and have always liked it. The cinema was Movieland, where I was to work later and the 35mm projector at that screening, is the same one I have sitting now in the back of the garage.

Name:	P1130594.JPG
Views:	400
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	13497

Comment

• There are two fan-edit versions of the movie, one called "Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut" (from the cut scene at the end between Helen and The Mariner" and the other called "Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut Revised Edition" which add back in more of the cut scenes that were not included in the theatrical version. The "Extended Version" clocks in at 2:57 minutes.
                            Full article at: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114898/alternateversions

If you search for "Waterworld: The Ulysses Cut" you will find several interesting articles on the topic.

Comment

• Thanks Ed

Being winter at the moment I have been watching almost nightly a few movies on the Panasonic VP. The image quality and sound have all been good.

Name:	P1130725.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	13578

Name:	P1130726.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	13579

Name:	P1130728.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	13580

For folks that like musicals this new box set for only $20 is a real bargain.

I still have to get round to watching it

Name:	P1130730.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	13581

Comment

• The Long Good Friday. With a non-speaking bit part for my (now late) friend Bill Moody. also featuring a small part for later James Bond, Pierce Brosnan.
                                They were right about the profits in the development of the Docklands area too.

Comment

Working...
                                X