What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Mark.

Island of Terror Peter Cushing at Planet Films. Another vintage Derann std 8 colour feature. Enjoyable.

Comment

• Howdy,

I watched a print of Laurel & Hardy's "Blockheads". It was so nice that it's on a 1200ft reel and non stop watching

Comment

• Faust 400' Silent from Piccolo
        Dr Mabuse Der Spieler 400' with music score Der Blaue Engel 2x400' (in German) from Piccolo

All shown on my Bauer T600 😊

Comment

• Comment

• Just testing another HID lamp conversion completed on a Bolex SM. Good machine with 2 pin claw and 800ft spool capacity.

I Wanna Be Like You with Stereo sound on Elmo. Listening to my wife chuckling watching this was a joy.
            Night of the Big Heat 200ft, Alien 600ft on Bolex.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20210202_173840.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	27513

Comment

• The Super Nanny from Mary Poppins, low fade acetate colour silent, masked for Widescreen except for Mary's flying entrance, Mickeys Service Station Agfa, Derann good B&W tones and "the American Musical" (extracts from Yankee Doodle Dandy) on B&W stock. all on the Eumig GS 926, which needs a bit of a service as it won't go to Forward silent from forwards sound only from reverse. Strange!!

Comment

• We watched the 1940 feature film "Allegheny Uprising", John Wayne, Claire Trevor, Trevor Howard. Impressive grey tones and sharpness. One of the better Blackhawk Super 8 releases.

Comment

• Last night was a couple of new purchases, Thoroughly Modern Millie 400ft and Carousel 400ft,Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Circus World 1,2 & 4 from the UFA release (Buck Labs on Fuji stock!!) going brown/red in the shadows but still a good deal of colour there (it never was too good). Part 1 dubbed to English, Part 2 part dubbed and part 4 German sound as i didn't pay more then £2 each at various film fairs I'm not complaining.

Comment

• Might be wrong but I seem to remember that being printed in scope over when filming Cinema In Miniature Brian.

Watched The Card Collectors Club s8 then the last 20 min on the recent blu ray.
                      Mr Guiness on top form.

Comment

• It is quite heavily Letterboxed, I don't think it is full 'scope. I did take the optical leveling lens out of the 926 and replace it with a 10mm Isco prime one to fill the screen to full height. That helped with the focus too.

Comment

• My Saturday Night Spectacular (!) up in the Man Cave looked like this......

Advert Reel - 1x 200' - A random compilation bought years ago at Blackpool. Included Walkers crisps (pre Lineker) Levi Jeans, Cream Crackers and the latest cool car to hit the road...... a Hillman Imp !

The Sound of Music - 1x 70' Trailer (anamorphic played flat)
                          The Sound of Music - 1x 70' Trailer (flat version which is a completely different edit to the scope version)
                          Saturday Night Fever 1x 100' Trailer - Full trailer and teaser for the album.

The Lady Vanishes - 4x400' - Hitchcock classic.

Guns For San Sebastian - 3x 400' - Not seen this for years! Great to watch it again. Pink or no pink!

Comment

• Nice selection there Melvin.

Last night we watched The Sting 2x400 and City Heat 3x600 optical feature, enjoyed them both, Mark

Comment

• Gi-Gi scope full feature and the first 3 reels of Indiana Jones and the last crusade.

Comment

• Last night This is British Movietone News (200ft B7W, Derann "Limited edition" print no 172 of 2000) then the two best-colour Techno Warner cartoons I have (unusually on Agfa stock) Little Beau Pepe and Banty Raids.

Comment

Working...
                                X