No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Following on from Lee's viewing last month)

Last night was my copy of The Jungle Book which I had bought from Mark Mander a few years ago but hadn't had a chance to view until now.

Although it's the Perry's version (and not the Derann version) I found it to be a really great copy of this joint favourite Disney film of nine - along with Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs.

It's the first colour film on polyester stock in my collection that I have viewed (I doubt that I have many) so the colours are very good and the stereo sound was excellent too - all in all a very enjoyable evening 🙂

One query (if perhaps someone can answer for me) the running time was 77mins on my copy, against the 89mins of the actual cinema release, and presumably Derann's version too??

The 'missing' 12mins doesn't affect the story at all, but I was wondering if that 12mins contained anything memorable from the original film? 🤔

Comment

• I think, 75 minutes is the original running time of THE JUNGLE BOOK from 1967

Comment

• Hi Oliver and many thanks.

When you Google the title the very first entry says 1h 29m, which I (wrongly took as gospel!) Upon a further search it states 78m which fits with my copy 😊

Comment

• Ali
          I‘ve never heard of the Perry Movies version... I only knew about the Derann- and the german version, which is also beautiful.

Comment

• Comment

• Oliver - well all I know is that I bought it from Mark Mander on here a few years ago and he'd stated that it was from Perry's.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else knows anything more about my copy??

Comment

• Was filming in the shop for my documentary S8 Cinema in Miniature when all this was happening a memorable time indeed.
                  Truly loved visiting the shop and lab filming the works, sound dubbing it was a wonderful time for me and of course young Ian constantly making me laugh.
                  Of all the UK Super 8 professional film dealers Ian along with Arthur in the shop were a REEL pleasure to purchase from back then and we are talking 30+ years ago when these prints came to pass.

Comment

• I first visited the shop at Wimbledon in December 1979 and met Ian and Arthur - both great people to chat with and buy from 🙂

Comment

• „2001-A Space Odyssey“ The full feature in Scope and brought back to half its glory by Alberto. Still one of the best features in history and a beauty on the screen.

Comment

• What a cinematic weekend, when „2010“ followed... This is really „Something wonderful“...

Comment

• We have a great tradition in late March: we watch the British Transport Film "Journey Into Spring" which shows Nature waking up from Winter in the English countryside. Tonight was the night.

This is a great time of the year, and this year more than most: we've been pretty cooped up at home now for more than a year. Let's hope this time we get to go out and do at least most of what we hope.

Comment

• Last night, after having to clean the heads and film path on the 926 GL (and miraculously having not stored the special combined screwdriver and spanner needed to do this in the projector box I found it in seconds) I watched Henry 9 to 5 (Bob Godfrey cartoon from Dune films on Agfa), Screwball Squirrel and Lonesome Lenny. (Both Derann from Red Fox negatives on on LPP the other Agfa).

Comment

• Last night Part 2 of Dracula Prince of Darkness flat, Derann odd reel to go with my 'scope digest print, no edge marking starts almost sepia but later some bright blue bed sheets and pajamas show up and of course the blood it very red. Then the Warner cartoon Easy Peckings from Techno (who thought it was a Foghorn Leghorn cartoon, but it's a different rooster possibly called George) on SP but good colour and very high level sound.

Comment

• A few Silent Railway films "Trains in Holland", "Over Shap" and one I suspect I am in (but in a crowd of nearly 200 filming from the other side of the track so smaller than pinhead) "Last Days of Steam" which features the last steam train on the underground passing Farringdon.

Comment

Working...
                                X