No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone bananas on Jungle Book at the moment a reel happy singalong film. Then went shopping tapping my wife on the shoulder saying 'come on baggy get with the beat' and breaking into bare necessities together. You gotta love the movies

Comment

• Great, Lee
      THE JUNGLE BOOK is now on my screening list for March! You are right: it’s​​​ one the best feel good movies!

Comment

• Plan 9 from outer space.
        I hopped on the train in the 80s when we had a revival in appreciation of Ed Eood movies. The more I've watched Plan 9 over the years the more I see potential which could have been nurtured to make a great sci fi film but missed opportunity.
        As it stands I love the mad genius that's probably inspired many a young film maker and blessed to have it on Super 8. My feature is old and perhaps we may see....

A signature super 8 feature release on that gorgeous new B&W film stock to celebrate Plan 9.

Comment

• Last night, The Gold Rush - full-length 1925 version from Griggs with musical-score (but no narration).

Shown on my newly purchased Eumig S938 from Paul Barker - that is in tip-top condition 😊

Comment

• I thought I would run the Super8 feature last week of "The Black Stallion" to get a comparison to the blu-ray as its been a while since I ran the print. This "Derann" release to Super 8 is dated on the film as 1986 LP stock and as such has held up really well over the years. The Super 8 print is very good, much better than the following screen shots show, however they do give you an idea.

A couple of quick screen shots from last week.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170865.JPG Views:	0 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	29342
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170866.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	29343
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170873.JPG Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	29344
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170886.JPG Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	29345
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170889.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	29346
            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170898.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	29347

Comment

• Tonight's film show was a "directed by Michael Curtiz" triple whammy !

2x 400' - The Adventures of Robin Hood - Errol Flynn

2x 400' - The Sea Hawk - Errol Flynn again.

2x 400' - Angels With Dirty Faces - Jimmy Cagney & Humphrey Bogart

Comment

• I watched a bunch of 200-footers this morning while testing out my two Sankyo Sound 600 projectors. I hadn't run these machines since I moved 6 months ago. They ran great. Nice clear and stable images.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210307_175008602.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	29421

Comment

• Janice, would enjoy reading your film list...Shorty

Comment

• @ Shorty... Believe me you won't be impressed. I have a very small 8 mm collection. However when I have time I'll try to list the titles 😁 Take care.

Comment

• Hi Janice - I'm in the midst of making an inventory of my complete 8mm Collection, having already done the same for my 16mm Collection, and happy to post it on the forum if anyone is interested in seeing it πŸ€”

I too would enjoy seeing a list of your collection - it's not the quantity rather than the titles that I think a lot of people are interested in. For me when I see such lists I think of two things:

Firstly, 'ah, I have that film too 😊' and....

Secondly, 'Wow! I haven't got that film - and didn't even know it was available on 8mm....so I must look out for it in future! πŸ˜‰'

Almost like having a 'show and tell' back in the day 😊

Comment

• Originally posted by Ali Hipperson View Post
                        Hi Janice - I'm in the midst of making an inventory of my complete 8mm Collection, having already done the same for my 16mm Collection, and happy to post it on the forum if anyone is interested in seeing it
                        Ali - You should know by now what a set of nosey parkers we all are on this forum, myself included....... in a nice way, of course!
                        Go for it !

Comment

• Haha Melvin!

I'm sure most of us our and as you say, "in a nice way" - and just like anyone in the 'collecting world', no matter what the subject of the items being collected are 😊 I suppose this might even go back to when we started off collecting something like Baseball or Football cards when we were young kids πŸ€”

I will then indeed post my entire inventory once it's completed (hopefully in a few weeks time 🀞) however, there was a similar post to the one I'm suggesting on the GOF.

So perhaps Doug or Brad could advise whether I should start a new/updated thread or whether the previous thread could be 'ported-over' onto the new Forum and I can then simply add mine to it??

Comment

• Ali,

I unfortunately can't bring in threads from the GOF. It would be great if you started a new topic (with the same title) and I'll place a link to the previous thread. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi Doug and many thanks for getting back to me - I'll start it as soon as I can! 😊

​​​​​

Comment

• Having seen one on E-Bay I check out my copy of Major8Movies 400ft extracts of Kentucky Fried Movie. This is a studio Films Lab print on un-named stock (I know Walton later handled M8M distribution so sharing the lab seems sensible). It is rather grainy but no fade and as the film is a series of sketches editing in sequences was not necessary and it works well. Just don't eat the pop corn!!!!! πŸ˜‚

Comment

Working...
                                X