No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you see how much a work of "Digital only" art, it seems to be a possibly non-copy enabled file, with certificate of authenticity went for at auction this week you tend to thing that other collector must be even more mad.

Comment

• Well, as they say, "everything is relative"! 😉

Comment

• Been practicing my old editing skills

Do have the feature of WHITE ZOMBIE with beloved Bela Lugosi but often thought a 600ft would make a nice length to form part of a show programme.
        Recent months picked up some odd 200ft reels and edited them together to make a compact running story of around 27 minutes.
        Firstly dubbed the films from a Digital master then cut to suit and must say the end result is reely nice.

So, White Zombie 600ft and very enjoyable and ready for Halloween.

The more I think about 'the olden days of film collecting' Bela Lugosi film material has probably been a staple collectible along with Laurel & Hardy.

Comment

• Not last night but a few nights ago, one Elmo 800ft reel consisting of...

1...Walton....Saturday Evening Puss....1950.
          2....Walton....Triplet Cat...1952.
          3....Disney....both extracts joined of "The Sword In The Stone".
          4....Disney... "Jungle Book"...both extracts skillfully edited together by a previous owner.

Apart from "I wanna be like you" all the prints show very little fade, even "I wanna be like you" only shows some fade in the first few seconds, apart from that its still very good, a favorite extract today, as well as from the past when I first got it.

An enjoyable reel of films to watch every so often.

Comment

• We had a great time with Walt Disney’s PINOCCHIO and this glorious Derann print...

Comment

• Lovely Oliver

Similarly on my perpetual trip down memory lane I completed the 400ft Jungle Book editing and Stereo re record.
              Recorded the 2 X 200ft first, then the trailer. Cut the 200's together and put trailer at the start.
              Makes a lovely reel in Stereo and two low fade prints found in white boxes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05389.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	30150

Comment

• Fantastic Box-Art Lee! 😀

Comment

• Tis one of the wonderful things about our hobby. You can come in at the lower price range of collecting and make up a nice edited film from shorts joined together.

Just completed a 600ft of White Zombie 1932 Bela Lugosi.
                  I dont know why but we have seen many 200ft reels of the feature up for sale in the UK and so got reel 1, 3 and 8 joining them together. Makes a nice compact 27 minutes. Outlay £29

Comment

• So after not having cranked up the projector for a week or two, I've had two film nights on the trot this week. On Tuesday, I watched Deviled Hams which is a weird film of jazz from 1937 (I love Perry's bonkers releases), followed by a lovely print of Never Say Never Again from Derann. Wednesday finished my 2 x 400ft Star Wars which has been recorded into stereo.

No projector on Wednesday, but I did watch The Quiller Memorandum on TV.

Thursday, the Eumig was out again and I watched the Walton 400ft cut down of The Quiller Memorandum which, having seen the full feature the night before, now made perfect sense. My copy is in scope with perfect colour. This was followed by the Walton promo of Capricorn One (flat), and finishing with Derann's 2 x 600ft The Colditz Story.

Comment

• Nice programme John.
                      started our annual programme of.my precious Collectors Club collection which in the 70's was purchased from 99pence per reel. Memories.
                      Stepping on the gas
                      The Vagabond
                      Goonland Popeye
                      yellow Submarine still with good colour
                      CARVE HER NAME WITH PRIDE. Probably the best quality achieved by CC

Comment

• We just watched our agfa Marketing films digests, on one 600ft reel, of Star Wars. Funny as it may sound, we have never re-recorded it into English, as we know all the dialogue by heart, but glorious, unfaded color .... Wow!

Comment

• Nice Films John and Lee and Osi the Star Wars sounds great, I would still want to do a stereo English rerecord on it, they sound amazing once done and lifts the film, Mark

Comment

• Just Dizzy Heights L&H 200ft silent on real Agfa B&W stock. Bought in a cardboard box with paper label and thin plastic foil wrapper from a Derann open day, but the logo at the end shows it to be a Fletcher Films release which usually had plastic boxes.

Comment

• What a colorful adventure, too old-fashioned to be missed: a great Derann feature print with lots of fun; the way it was meant to be seen on the big screen...

Comment

• My Saturday night in wasn't quite as lavish as Oliver's, but my night went as follows.....

The Old Mill - 1x 200' Disney cartoon.

Clown of The Jungle - 1x 200' Disney Cartoon starring Donald Duck.

The Bells of St.Mary's - 6x 400' starring Bing Crosby and Ingrid Bergman.

Comment

Working...
                                X