X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, October 23

Full length mono sound flat with a beautiful color

Walt Disney's Mary Poppins

I remember going to the theater to see this when I was a kid I am so glad I own a super eight full length print

In my own opinion Walt Disney never makes a bad movie

Comment

• Zombie...well WHITE ZOMBIE 1932 Collectors Club released it in August 1977 but it was one of those releases that had a short life as it was withdrawn in 78 due to negative damage. They then released a much shorter 4 reel version possibly of what was useable of a 16mm negative. Hence the original feature is now quite sought after by fans and collectable. Had my own feature since Nov 77 when it was delivered, memories again..

Re dubbing. Worth archiving the main track over to the balance for posterity and recording the BR onto the main makes quite a difference to the experience.

Comment

• I also bought my copy from CC. It was in seven reels,complete with the original leaders and tails and it is THE best 8mm copy of this classic.

Comment

• Last night I hosted my film club for our annual Halloween party/Movie marathon. This year we socially-distanced in the backyard where I had created a haunted cemetery. Our program for the evening was a collection of reels I had compiled:

1) "Disney Haunts" featuring "Lonesome Ghosts" (Derran) and "Trick or Treat" (Walt Disney Super 8 home movies, a previous owned had added a sound strip and recorded the soundtrack) 400' reel.

2) "Spooky Sillies" featuring the Little Rascals in "Hide and Shriek" (Blackhawk) and the Three Stooges in "We Want Our Mummy" (Columbia edited 200' print) 400' reel.

3) "Creepy Classics I" featuring "Pit and the Pendulum" (Ken Films), Flip the Frog in "The Cuckoo Murder Case" (Blackhawk), "Curse of the Fly" (Ken), and "The Raven" (Ken) 600' reel.

4) "The Deadly Mantis" (Castle Films), "Tarantula" (Castle) and "Psycho - the Shower Murder" (100' Great Scenes edition, Universal 8) 400' reel.

5) "Creepy Classics 5" featuring "Night of the Blood Beast" (Ken), "Phantom Planet" (Ken), "Wargods of the Deep" (Ken), and "Konga" (Ken) 600' reel.

Comment

• Saturday, October 24

another great night at the movies in my house

Everything super 8 sound

101 dalmatians full length

classic drive-in intermission reel

jurassic Park full length

I think I'm at 18 movies for the month of October

🍿📽👀🤪

Comment

• Excellent Carter Dont forget to add your pictures to the Hallowen competition bit of fun in General Yack

Carry on Camping again for us, just never tire of it.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Carrrrry2.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	19580Click image for larger version

Name:	Carrrrry.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	19581

Comment

• Lee, is this the 4x400'? It's a pretty stunning example if it is! From what I've heard, they aren't usually this nice and mine sure isn't.

My wife and I used to host a winter weekend for our camping group. We'd rent a big house out on an island East of us that's accessible only by ferry. Every other year I did a film show for them there. I bought my Carry on Camping for this.

Comment

• Nice evening there Carter! Do you assemble these reels before the shows or do you have them already made up and just waiting to be screened. Last night I screened some super 8 sound...

MARKETING FILMS trailer reel...faded but very cool, advertising features available including Saturday Night Fever, The Godfather, Chinatown, Barracuda, Once Upon A Time In The West, Black Sunday, The Longest Yard, Marathon Man
                  ORPHANS OF THE STORM...Blackhawk 2 X 400' Music w/narration and commentary
                  THE STRANGER...full feature Not sure who made this, on 800'and 1200' reels.
                  Last edited by Bill Phelps; October 25, 2020, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Thanks, Bill. I have 10 600' compilation reels with horror and sci-fi themed digests. Some of the films, especially the cheesy Ken digests such as "Konga," "Night of the Blood Beast," and "The Screaming Skull" are crowd pleasers, as audience members love to scream at the screen!

Comment

• Tis steve and worryingly I've had that film a few decades. Time does wiz part.
                      The Carry on was projected on my Eumig HID I modified and I've just prior to that screening optimised lamp position and light metered at the same time
                      Interesting

Reading these posts its clear home projectionists are enjoying some wonderful film screenings which is great news.

Been getting the programme ready for what I'm hoping will be our outdoor show month end and a small firework display. Watched Ghosts on the Loose and Curse of the Werewolf trailer.

Comment

• Wow!, Don't ever lose that print!

Mine gives me the impression that this was a very popular title at Derann: it looks like the negative had a lot of mileage on it!

Comment

• I can't remember if it was released before or after Derann started using 35mm prints rather than 16mm ones for releases like this. It could have been a rather well worn print that it was made from.

Comment

• Now the dark nights are here I decided to get out the Elmo and watch a few super eights. Started with a few shorts.
                            3 Little pigs
                            Lonesome Ghosts
                            Trick or treat
                            Mickey and the giant
                            Clock cleaners
                            The old Mill

Then watched my Derann Print of Pinocchio.

I nice evening was had by all.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Pinocchio scared me as a kid. Dad used to hire 16nm prints as a treat at Christmas to project on his bell & howell. That would be when the colour was perfect. Trying to remember if it was a 542 or 544 ooh hard work.

Best show we ever had was Wizard of oz on 16. Off topic sorry.

Really enjoying reading the films projectionists are watching including the elusive Lonesome Ghosts.

Comment

• „Saturday Night Fever“ full feature on saturday night... Faded, but brought back to a touch of colour by Alberto.
                                Sunday night a cutdown festival: „Breakheart Pass“, „Kampf um Rom“ (a german piccolo film release), „The Adventures of Rabbi Jacob“ - and „The Deep“ in Scope & Stereo!
                                Great Nights...!

Comment

Working...
                                X