Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	7454 Ok Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1931.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	7453 Continuing Elephant Man post
    Attached Files

Comment

• That is one feature I have always wanted...The Elephant Man. I do have the trailer.

Comment

• Almost all Tom & Jerry. Fraidy Cat and Happy go Ducky bur also a strange 200ft from the Movieland release of Riddle of the Sands with the lovely Jenny Agutter, strange because it has that description in a voice over at the start of the print.

Comment

• I screened the new Reel Image Super 8mm scope release of the opening sequence from the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies. I'll post a review shortly.

Julian,

The pictures/video you posted of your outdoor Casablanca screening are very impressive. Would it be possible for you to also put up a picture of what the street looks like during the day?

Doug

Comment

• Last Thursday I made a screening of Disney Shorts for all the neighbors kids under 90 years. Five of the shorts where 16mm and I tried for the first time two shorts projected from the ELMO GS1200. To my surprise the GS1200 worked better than expected, not as bright as the 16AL but good enough. So maybe in a later date I will screen one of my super 8 feature films from the GS1200. Doug requested a picture of how the place looks in daylight, I am attaching a picture of the site and including a link to some videos of the event. I am using the wall you see to the right, it has a width of about 4 meters (12 feet). Link to videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ojy9y1d6hb4BNxLW8
            Attached Files

Comment

• As it is the Easter Bank Holiday, my show tonight was a bit predictable with " a couple of swell" actors, Fred Astaire and Judy Garland in their festive offering for this time of year! (7x 400')...I'll say no more!

Oh....... not forgetting Tom & Jerry - The Mouse Comes to Dinner. An excellent copy I picked up recently from one of our forum colleagues, replacing a tram line ridden copy.

Comment

• I screened the best Easter epic ever: BEN HUR in Scope and Stereo.
                The feature that Never reveals the face of Jesus although You exactly know how he looks like...
                Amazing Haya Harareet, stunning Charlton Heston and phantastic Stephen Boyd...!
                And of course the great music by Miklos Rozsa...
                What a feature!
                Happy Easter

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver Feld View Post
                  BEN HUR in Scope and Stereo.

Comment

• WWII trailer night for me. The Sound of Music, Bridge on the River Kwai and A Bridge too Far plus Movietone news in 'Scope #1 featuring the filming of Those Magnificent Men in theoi Flying Machines (though it is not named).

Comment

• I don't usually participate in this thread but I thought I would have a go. All super 8. The first was 'Engine Driver' 200ft (no photo). This was followed by the following.

Lets go to Birmingham. 200Ft BTF

Mash 200ft

Mickey Mouse's Golden Jubilee show/The black Cauldron 2 trl reel 80ft

Kama Sutra Rides Again 200ft

Pen Point Percussion 200ft (NFBC doc on N McLaren)

Dots 100ft (NFBC N McLaren short)

Roller-coaster Rabbit 200ft

Comment

• Last saturday night screening of SUNSET BLVD. for the neighbors to view from their apartments. Spanish soundtrack synced through portable digital audio player. Some videos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VCfSo9ML4rbxDqHE9

Comment

• After watching the trailer a couple of days ago last night was Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines. Rather long so just up to the Intermission, the rest (the actual air race) tonight.

Comment

• Great stuff!

Martin, who released the NFBC Norman McLaren films? I got some experimental animation that was released by a German educational films label, but never saw McLaren films on S8.

Julian, I love those outdoor screenings for the neighbours! 'Sunset Boulevard' is a great choice! Weird times ask for weird stories...
                            Do you have any idea how many of your neighbours are watching with you?

- Rob

Comment

• Rob-The basic box they came in were generic 'Barry Wiles Films' ones. I don't no if they sold to the public, but they rented out films. I remember back in the 80's hiring films (for free on super 8) from them, made by institutions like the Post Office, British Transport etc. I also have one other NFBC film, 'Walking' again in a 'Barry Wiles Films' box. I do remember hiring 'A Chairy Tale' another N Mclaren/ NFBC film from them at the time on S8. I have that one in my collection on 16mm.

Comment

• Martin & Rob,

I recently got a Super 8 print of A Chairy Tale from Barry Atwood. The leader has "Barry Wiles" on it. I had never seen this before and I'm looking forward to showing this very enjoyable film at the next CineSea.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                                X