8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 165)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2014 12:12 PM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lastīnight i give another night cinema;

the misterious Island-400ft digest,from colunbia,still great color,
and one of mine srnold.s favote movie:
the predator ful lenght by derann ,stuning print.

luis caramelo

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 24, 2014 11:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a very disappoiting digest of Bava's Kill Baby Kill ... Not my kind of movie :-( I do believe it's kinda rare (or am I wrong?)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ June 25, 2014, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 06:07 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scars of Dracula, 4x400' and red as blood, even with blue filters on the darker scenes

-

-

-

-

-

Also saw 2x200' The Best of Benny Hill, Walton
 -

Quite funny still this man ... Love the head clapping :-)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 01:46 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see Benny again Vidar.

My Bond night is about to start with a few more recent releases including Goldeneye in Scope
 -

We shall end by watching Goldfinger with optical sound. Should be a good night..

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 03:03 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Benny Hill was a funny guy I used to see alot as a kid. Enjoy your even, I'm sure it's gonna be good, as long as you keep it reel :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 07, 2014 10:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raiders of the Lost Ark, Super 8 Stereo scope
 -

-

-

Followed with a digest, Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, 400'
 -

-

-

-

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2014 04:03 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a heap of Derann advert reels plus Lee's excellent "Cinema of our Time".

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 13, 2014 01:41 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathon, I do love the old ad reels,
Over the last week we watched the I.E international series of the world in Flames. All in good condition and sound is very good on all of them, the picture is generally excellent giving where a lot of this material came from. A very good series and the ones we have are
war between the USSR & Finland,
German invasion of Denmark & Norway,
Invasion of Belgium & Holland,
campaign in France,
Italy joins the Axis,
Battle of Britain,
campaign in the Balkans,
campaign in Crimea,
Battle of Stalingrad,
War on the sea's,
War in Italy,
Invasion of Normandy,
Fall of Germany,
Fall of Japan.
It was so annoying for us because before we started buying these, (all new), we asked the dealers if this was likely to be dropped from the catalogues, we were told no, and what happened after six or so? [Mad]
Suffice to say the ones we keep an eye out for are Hitler's Rise to power, The dawn of WW2, Invasion of Poland and The allied campaign in Africa. Although we would still not have all the series it would be enough to make it a really good one, all be it, its nowhere as good as the TV series The world at War. That was a great series and still is today on the re-runs.
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2014 06:09 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Callan (the Walton 400ft = the 200ft spliced together and a trailer/advert reel. I had forgotten that the cut "Pigs head" was included on the "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" trailer, I wondered why the trailer wasn't on the UK DVD or Blu Ray discs.

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 05:46 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have look 600 feet Version from THE SILENCERS with Dean Martin and the full lengh Print from Spartacus (10x600 feet Reels) ..all on Super 8 and with german sound

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2014 10:52 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas, is The Silencers made-up from the 200ft & 400ft versions?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 17, 2014 12:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes the deletions of trailers can be amazing. The 2 disc DVD edition of "STAR TREK: The Motion Picture" has two or three trailers on it, but it doesn't have the nearly 10 minute promo reel which was released by Marketing films on super 8, (it was marketed as a 400ft release with assorted other shorter trailer for other marketing Films releases on there as well).

That 10 minute promo has some early footage that's not in the movie or in any other trailer that I've ever seen, so it makes that little 400ft reel quite collectible!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2014 05:49 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes itīs a cut with 200 + 400 feet Version..and i have play the german sound on the magnetic stripe

We have make a Open Air Kino on Saturday...we have look the full lengh feature The Big Country..in Scope ..with German Sound...German Super 8 Print...great qaulity!!

Great One Reeler from Tell Them Willy Boy is here..i have a full lengh Print in Scope on Super 8...with german sound

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2014 01:16 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday night: Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde,the John Barrymore version,followed by a rare but most unfunny two reel travesty: When Quackel Did Hide starring the most unfunny Charlie Joy.
Monday night: The Incredible Shrinking Man,the complete old Derann feature,plus, Howling Hollywood,a middling late silent Educational two reeler, taking place in a Hollywood studio intermixing the misadventures of making a picture,and the picture itself,starring a number of second echelon comics (George Davies,Vernon Dent,Arthur Houseman.
 -

-

[ July 23, 2014, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Panayotis A. Carayannis ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 24, 2014 11:32 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it was insomnia or just my excitement to use my newly halogen converted Pathe Baby projector...but I was up until 3am screening and repairing over a dozen 9.5 reels. Most were home movies of a family with a newborn, a model train running on the track, a trip to Niagra Falls, and one was a Pathe promotional Review sales reel. It was better than watching a TV series...with the unmarked reels I never knew what was coming next [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 26, 2014 01:04 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a couple in the mail today ... Capricorn One, 400' and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, 4x400' (Anyone has this? I thought it was poorly edited, sound snaps mid sound and such)
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2014 05:41 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that 400ft Capricorn One the Promo reel distributed by Walton Films? I have the 'scope version and it's very good.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2014 09:38 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,for complete prints of the John Ford cavalry trilogy (SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON,in color,FORT APACHE,RIO GRANTE), you must look for american prints, which are complete. They may also exist in italian german or french editions,but,dubbed films I don't care about,so,I don't know.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2014 12:17 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, 4x400' That was a Mountain Films release. My view in most of the films I have from them, is they never could afford a professional film editor.

Last night we watched More Cinema Tags on a 50'. Followed by an old Columbia 400' Queen Boxer a bit faded not too bad to watch and typical of the Kung Fu films. Had the narrator but he did help this time.

A Walton Tom & Jerry Yankee Doodle Mouse still very good colour and of course funny.

1400 Zulu a Fletcher Films on 400ft silent black & white disappointed with this one.

Jack Hulbert, Fay Wray, Ralph Richardson, in Bulldog Jack (1935) an old PM Films release 3x400ft about 50 minutes missing 22 minutes.

Enjoyed this one nice print with good sound and very well edited. Until I looked at the original on IMDB where it lists the running time at 72 minutes I wouldn't have said it was cut.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 27, 2014 12:39 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do have the 4 x 400 foot of She wore a yellow ribbon, colour sound, good film but as you said, badly edited by mountain, (as many of them were), if you can get the 400 footer of this it does have the attack sequence which we did and spliced it in, it does make it a bit better. Colour has held up very well.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chaplin in the 2 reeler "Night at the Show" Standard 8 on 3m B&W stock, a collector's Club print I believe. Also the 200ft Frankenstein Standard 8 sound. Both shown on a Eumig 710D (it will only run at 24fps in warm weather, I need to clean the drive system discs).

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2014 05:47 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night was film night.

Started with Pathe Pic mainly power boats and boats in general. Not sure who did this in a home made box, but does say Derann on box. Still good colour, sound good too. Could be a Walton re-release

Next up a Looney Tunes Corny Concerto very good colour, again not sure of origin.

Ken Films Jessie James (400ft selected scenes) 14 minutes, it says so on the soundtrack. Colour is sometimes good then looks faded. Not too much of the narrator fair edit.

Next was an old Derann One Way Out You Tube a Four Star TV episode edited from the original. Enjoyed it.

Some trailers for Basil Rathbone's Holmes film (Collectors Club) good.

A Walton release The Elizabethan Express in B/W a good print again.

Powell Films Movietone News 150th Anniversary Of Steam Railways. This was good colour and sound.

Forgot to mention Bugs Bunny in Dumb Patrol again in good condition.

[ August 03, 2014, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: David Ollerearnshaw ]

--------------------

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2014 06:31 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a quiet night at home with a screening of Speed with a recent audio remix along with Winnie the Pooh & the blustery day

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2014 01:42 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pan - any time you want to trade that Charlie Joy let me know as I have never seen a comedy with him..

With my wife and I planning a trip to London later this year I thought it was best to watch AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (16mm 3 x 1600ft - letterboxed), Plus I must confess as my wife and I watch Call the Midwife, I wanted to show her Ms. Agutter pre Catholicism.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 03, 2014 02:43 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love that film. Superb use of music and quite funny at times. Great special effects (not pukey CGI)

Looks very nice Dino

I watched my new optical feature, The Billion Dollar Hobo 3x600' (now on 1x1200' and 600')
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ August 03, 2014, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  162  163  164  165  166  167  168  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC