8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 197)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2016 11:25 PM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super-8 3x600ft. of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Pretty cool on Super-8.

[ July 26, 2018, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Steve Meyer ]

|  IP: Logged

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2016 11:25 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan, its a real treat. I don't think you will be disappointed once you find your copy.

Steve, I've never seen that film. That looks like a great movie to watch on Super 8.

[ August 31, 2016, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Jason Smith ]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2016 01:59 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched the 400ft cutdowns of Silver Streak and Blazing Saddles, both good fun, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2016 04:39 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a good session this evening.

My newest purchase Stepping On The Gas which was a silent film with accompanying sound, Tom and Jerry in "Posse Cat."
Then onto the 400'ers.... The African Queen, Prophecy, A Night To Remember and The Birds.

Thank goodness the nights are finally starting to draw in, here in the UK, so tonight really marks the start of my film watching season!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 01, 2016 04:11 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, that is a great and rare feature you have there.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2016 06:43 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the 3x400ft Star Trek episode released by Canterbury Films "The Trouble with Tribbles".

My copy has gone red but I used a new lens cap filter to watch it.

-

Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2016 12:08 PM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom Photiou

Yes Thank You - I still can't believe the titles on Super-8.
It's awesome.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2016 12:31 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, I'm very jealous. Is this the print that recently sold on eBay? Maybe we bid against one another? Haha

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 02, 2016 02:03 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have the Canterbury Tribbles: same film, same condition.

Last night: the first 1200 feet of The African Queen, tonight: the last 800 feet. (Only WE, measure movies in FEET!)

-wow! There was a marriage of opposites!

It's almost sacrilege to say so, but I wish they made a sequel just to see how it worked out!

"Mister Alnut!

-You promised to paint the garage door this weekend, yet seem to have not done so!"

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2016 02:52 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, the first 600ft of The Elephant Man, described as having a slight tint so it was £11.99 new from Derann (it is on Agfa colour stock)maybe slightly blue but with tungsten lamp looks fine. Tonight maybe reel 3 same price but very yellow tint. That really shows why Derann made a point of trying to get B&W stock for B&W releases.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 05, 2016 03:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An extract of Bernard and Bianca (L'œil du diable, The Devil's Eye), two French animals documentaries and Rango, a film shooted by the same team who made Tarzan !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 07, 2016 04:29 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miracle Of The Bells, in English.

--------------------
Dominique

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2016 06:53 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Return of the Dragon, 200ft Fujifilm digest(Japan)
Godzilla(1954), 200ft Fujifilm digest(Japan)
Star Wars, 400ft Fujifilm digest(Japan)

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2016 02:31 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Confessions of a Driving Instructor extracts 1 & 2 from Columbia. Rather faded (Eastmancolor) but better with a pale blue filter (Well, an improvised one using a cellophane sweet wrapper).
Strangely though part one had no narrator, part 2 did - frequently and annoyingly.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 08, 2016 05:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't tell me Brian....Purple Quality Street!😂😂

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2016 01:54 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Coconut one!!!

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2016 11:06 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I watched THE GOOSE WOMAN on standard 8 (first proper outing for my Bolex 18-5). Been wanting to see this one for ages as I heard it's one of Kevin Brownlow's favourite silent films: I certainly wasn't disappointed. Louise Dessler was very good in it.

The film itself was mounted on 4 x 400ft reels, but I think it might have been originally released on 8 x 200ft reels (the second 400ft reel starts with 'Part 3' and the third 400ft reel says 'Part 5' etc). There's nothing on the leader to say who released it... does anyone know? The print was quite watchable despite the master for it being well worn.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2016 11:37 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the sprocket area is black,all or in part,it is a Perry print. If transparent, it is from Milestone.

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2016 03:01 PM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Panayotis. My copy of THE GOOSE WOMAN is as follows: the first two 400ft reels are clear around the sprockets, and the the last two 400ft reels are black around the sprockets. So it seems as though I have a hybrid print?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 18, 2016 04:47 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A French film : Tu m'as sauvé la vie with two famous actors : Sacha Guitry and Fernandel. It is an abridged (420 mt) Film Office release.

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2016 03:15 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally finished my new anamorphic lens support (I'll post a picture later) so watched the 400ft scope cut down of Kidnapped (Michael Caine). A Walton print on 4S stock so good/great colours, plenty of greens in the Scottish hillsides, but a little contrasty for sunlit scenes.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2016 03:21 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night reel 2 of the 2x600 Derann "633 Squadron" LPP but lab fault, dark and a little orange on all but night scenes and the final title. Blue filter cured the orange and the darkness made the night scenes really dark and seem less "day for night" than with some films. A few scratches some from the master used but almost all action.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2016 07:45 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very full Saturday evening,all on standard 8.We started with DONALD AND PLUTO, exellent copy and sound but turned to monochrome pink! FACE OF THE DEAD (1954),an old "Inner Sanctum" tv episode, put out by Derann in its early days,with Everett Sloane. THE WHOLE TRUTH (1958),a lightweight murder mystery with Stewart Granger,George Sanders,Donna Reed and Gianna Maria Canale,again with exellent picture and sound,put out by Powell,I believe.My composite print of Chaplin's THE RINK (Blackhawk+Thunderbird) and finished with THE COVER GIRL KILLER (1961). A British "B" police story with Harry H. Corbett. Plus a half hour intermission for "souvlaki",plus reel changes, this made a top five hour movie fest!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 25, 2016 03:27 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,the elephant man is one of myfavourites.recently just missed the scope feature [Mad]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 26, 2016 10:40 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Laurel and Hardy's "The Finishing Touch" last night.

I SAW it, yet did not show it.

My kid is going through his prints getting ready for CineSea and I noticed an R8 print of "The Finishing Touch", an L&H which I'd never seen.

-so I asked him about it and he showed it to me!

(You knew as soon as they wedged a rock under the back wheel of that truck that this was going to re-enter the story later!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  194  195  196  197  198  199  200  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC